About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

some dog poetry


I found myself looking over contemporary poetry at Poetry Magazine's website.  While I can't copy and paste as I usually do, due to copyright, you'll enjoy following the links to these more modern voices as they tell of dogs.

The Seeing-Eye Dog, Bruce Guernsey (a dog goes beatnik for love of his master)

The Blessing of the Old Woman, the Tulip, and the Dog, Alicia Ostriker (in which to be blessed can mean a number of different things, but I like the dog's idea best)

Dog in Bed, Joyce Sidman (in which a sleepy, bed-hogging mutt is just like love, which we knew, right?).

No comments: