About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Saturday, June 10, 2017

hey cat, what do you see?

thanks pixabay
I ask my cats that all the time.  I'm really looking for an answer about what it means to them - I persist in believing the cats live examined lives.  This morning, though, while watching Ronnie trying to eyeball the exact location of the treats in front of her feet, I thought: "What do they actually SEE?"
After sifting through the usual webdreck, here's some sort of answer for cats and dogs.
Artist and researcher Nickolay Lamm did research and simulation to provide several conditions of cat vision.  Check 'em all out.
Meanwhile, over at the Natural History Museum in London, here's a post on how several creatures see the world, with a slider of people vs. dog vision.

No comments: